Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006 To All!

I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! Can you believe that we are now entering the latter half of the decade. I am still trying to come to terms that we are in the 21st Century.

I have severely neglected my Blog for a couple of weeks now. The Holiday Season went by fast, and it is hard to believe that it is over for another year. Now, with quiet times upon us my poor Blog will cease to be ignored by moi.

I have now seen "King Kong" twice in two days. I am still not disappointed, and will go so far to say as this is definitely the best version of the movie that exists today. Although, Peter Jackson must have a fascination with creepy crawlers (it was a bit overdone in the movie), it was a more thoughtful movie than the previous versions. I could truly go one about my love of "King Kong" but I will probably end up describing "spoiler scenes" to make a point (I do not want to give anything away). Last night, I watched the 1933 original and I made comparisons to this version. The movie was a true feat during it's time but unfortunately the script does not hold up well to time.

Enough of that subject, what I am really excited about is the "Ferrari" (yes that is right friends, a Ferrari") that will be in the "Miami Vice" movie. To those who know me well enough, this will be a great shock as my dislike for Ferrari is intense. However, how can anyone not love the"Ferrari F430 Spider" what a rush at 490 @ 8500 RPM. It looks great in the trailer for the movie. I am glad that they are remaining true to the originial series (yes even though the Daytona Spyder used in the original series was a replica). But, with Michael Mann at the head of this movie project, how can they fail. Countdown to the movie has begun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out "The Band of the Hand" if you're a Michael Mann fan.


P.S. Turn on feeds please! =D

P.S.S. Can you drive standard?